Monday 18 November 2013

Autumnal Purple Beech

Just a quickie I wanted to share

I felt a little tinge of excitement when I went to inspect the Beech on Saturday morning. It had been holding out from the changeover to Autumnal colours for as long as it could, with the odd leaf crisping up but generally still in green and purple….
But it finally succumbed and showed just a glimpse of how beautiful it could be in a few years….

From the deep purple summer colours it now displays a wonderful tonal range of yellows, auburns and pinky ambers. It really reminded me of why I love this pastime – that I love trees and their ever changing appearance.


I think this is going to be a real beauty at all times of year once the basic framework and branching have evolved.
Pretty tree, happy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment